Requirements for surrogate applicants
To be the sole woman a prospective parent puts their trust in when it comes to carrying their child, you have to be the right person and act the right way. In fact, there are several requirements you need to meet in order to be a surrogate in our program. The list below details all factors we take into consideration when reviewing your application. Upon qualification you will be asked to complete a full surrogate application in order to match you with intended parents. Once we receive your full application and you have been accepted into our program you can be matched within 48 hours.
Our requirements to be a surrogate mother
- You are a United States citizen or legal resident. If you are not legally residing in the United States, then you cannot become a surrogate in our program.
- You are between the ages of 21 – 38. These are a woman’s natural prime childbearing years. Women in this age range have the best odds of delivering healthy, happy babies with little to no health issues. It is also the best time for the woman as well, as she is still young enough for the pregnancy not be too burdensome, and better able to bounce back quickly from the stress her body will go through during pregnancy and childbirth.
- You have one or more children of your own. This shows that you have experience with pregnancy and childbirth, and understand the sacrifices that must be made in order to deliver a healthy baby. Also, if you are a parent, you are less likely to be living a chaotic lifestyle and have a good understanding of the responsibilities that come with parenting.
- You have not had more than three C-sections. While having just one C-section is not a major problem, having multiple starts to add risk for both the mother and the baby. After each surgery, more scar tissue forms, which causes issues when the embryo tries to implant into the uterus. It can also lead to excessive bleeding and a number of serious birth defects.
- You have a Body Mass Index of under 32. Being overweight can lead to a number of serious health issues, so we make sure our surrogates are at a healthy BMI so that both the baby and the surrogate mother are not at risk of any weight-related problems.
- You are a non-smoker and non-drug user. Smoking and using drugs are both extremely addictive and hard to kick, so to ensure the health of the baby we require that none of our surrogate mothers do either. They damage the health of the mother, which in return affects the wellbeing of the baby.
- You have good physical & mental health. Pregnancy can be an extremely difficult time, so it is very important that you can hold up both physically and mentally against the stress. Our potential surrogates have to be in solid shape when it comes to both their bodies and their minds in order to ensure the health of the baby.
- You agree to psychological, drug & criminal screening. This is one of the more important requirements to be a surrogate mother because we need to know exactly who we are putting forward as a potential surrogate. Becoming a surrogate is one hundred percent contingent on you consenting to undergo and pass these screenings.
- You have a supportive partner, friend, or family member. While one of the more unexpected of our requirements for surrogate mothers, it is by no means less important than the others. Pregnancy is a long and at times stressful process, and going at it alone can sometimes feel like too much to bear. This is also why we make sure you have access to our support group to help you overcome those trying times.
While being a surrogate mother is one of the most amazing, heartwarming acts, having a big heart is not enough to be a good surrogate. Go through this list to see if you meet the requirements, and if you are a good fit apply to become a surrogate mother today with our fast and easy online application.
Start your journey!
If you think you meet all the requirements, click the button below to start your application.